Internships and Student Placements
Got a passion for youth issues? Want to get some experience at a leading youth advocacy organisation in NSW? Intern with Youth Action!
Youth Action is the peak body representing youth services and young people in NSW. We work towards a society where all young people are supported, engaged and valued.
Three times a year, we take on a number of (unpaid) student interns. This is a fantastic and fun opportunity to get an experience in the social policy and advocacy space.
Applications for this semester are now closed. The next round of internships will be in line with Semester 2.
What are the benefits to interning at Youth Action?
We are committed to helping you grow skills for the workplace and get hands on experience in a policy and advocacy context, in return for your time and input. Through this internship at Youth Action, you will:
- Share the experience as part of a cohort of fellow interns
- Participate in a structured interns workshop series covering a range of skill areas such as project planning, interviewing, research strategies and principles, messaging and communicating, and working in an organisation as a young person
- Deepen your ability to research and write concisely from a social policy and advocacy perspective, including the ability to find, analyse, synthesise and present information
- Gain experience in research and analysis in a leading NSW advocacy organisation
- Grow your ability to work collaboratively as part of an organisational team
- Learn about the work of Youth Action and the issues facing youth work and young people in NSW
- Develop relationships with a network of talented and qualified professionals.
Intern topic areas (Semester One 2018)
Youth Action conducts research, advocacy, and campaigns across a number of topics and policy areas. In semester one Youth Action is preparing policy platforms and campaign frameworks for the upcoming state and federal elections. The areas below are Youth Action’s core policy priorities, but we work across a range of issues that impact young people:
- Education and training
- Employment and work
- Housing and Homelessness.
How to Apply
This round of internships are now closed. We will be responding to the received applications shortly. If you are interested in applying, we will have another round later in the year.
If you have any questions, please contact Jake Formosa, Project Development Manager on 02 8354 3705 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Youth Action
Youth Action is the peak body for young people and youth services in NSW. We represent 1.25 million young people and the services that support them.
We work towards a society where all young people are valued, engaged and supported.