Natalie Stevens is an individual member standing for the position of Ordinary Member for a 3 year term.
Why do you want to join the Youth Action Board of Governance?
1. To bring a regional and Mid North Coast perspective to the board.
2. I am passionate about the importance of ongoing training of youth workers to help to ensure their currency of skills and knowledge for the performance of quality youth work.
3. I am passionate about the importance and need for improvement of life skills training for young people, for example for young people leaving care.
4. I am passionate about the role of community development and the importance of facilitating the involvement of young people and their ideas in community development opportunities to create a sustainable future.
What skills and experiences would you bring to the Youth Action Board?
1.VET experience teaching Youth Work and Community Services Work at TAFE.
2. Involvement in politics including serving as a Local Government Councillor.
3. Youth work experience of 15 years in residential youth work, youth case work and support work with young people in out of home care and young people leaving care.
4. Community facilitation including the founding and development of a local community garden.
5. Skills and experience in strategic planning, lobbying, advocacy, electioneering, media relations, community and volunteer training 5.Skills in meeting facilitation, group work, networking and conflict transformation.
6. Writing media releases, networking with the media and being a spokesperson.
7. Experience as a young person leaving home at 17 and recent experience navigating life as a sole parent.
What kind of member are you?
Which region are you in?
Mid North Coast.