Youth Action is seeking a Policy and Advocacy Manager to join our small and energetic team, for a 12-month maternity leave contract.
Who are you?
- A persuasive communicator and writer with experience developing effective policy advice, initiating advocacy campaigns and managing a diverse range of government and community stakeholders.
- Motivated by social justice and a passion for youth issues, you’re OK with challenging the status quo and getting creative.
- Organised! Someone who thrives in fast-paced environments, is able to juggle multiple projects and can complete assignments in short timeframes.
- A storyteller who loves turning complexity into simple, digestible advice and messages. You’re able to monitor and identify issues, trends and media opportunities and you get how the media world works.
How to apply:
NOTE - Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Download the position description, with the selection criteria by clicking here. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line ‘Policy and Advocacy Manager Application via Youth Action Website’, and include:
- a response to the selection criteria, and
- a current resume.
Applications close: June 14th 2017.
We intend to hold interviews on the 22nd of June 2017.
Got a passion for youth issues? Want to get some experience at a leading advocacy organisation in NSW?
Intern with Youth Action!
Three times a year, we take on a number of (unpaid) student interns. This is a fantastic and fun opportunity to get an experience in the social policy and advocacy space. We are now opening applications for our summer intern program. Summer internships start in December and run through to February 2017.
How to Apply
Applications are currently closed. If you are interested in the internship you can email email@example.com with:
- a copy of your resume, and
- a cover letter specifying any topic area(s) you are interested in, and your availability (hours per week, what days of the week you can work in the office).
Your information will be kept on file and we will contact you for the next round of internships.
If you have any questions, please contact Jake Formosa, Project Development Manager on 02 8354 3705 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
To read more about being an intern at Youth Action click here.
Youth Action regularly takes student placements from relevant university and TAFE courses. As we are a peak body, our student placements focus on policy, research and advocacy work. We do not offer any direct service delivery to young people through placements.
If you are interested in undertaking your student placement with Youth Action, email us with these details and we will let you know if we have anything available:
- Your course, stage and institution.
- Length of the placement in hours.
- Approx. start and finish dates.
- Days of the week you are available.
- Why Youth Action is the right agency for your placement, and how your placement might assist the work we are doing.
- Any other details we may need to know.
- A copy of your CV.
Send your application to email@example.com with the subject line "Student Placement Enquiry (Your Name)"