CEO - Youth Action
For over 30 years, Youth Action has been the peak body representing young people and the youth sector living and working in NSW. They focus on demonstrating the positive impacts of centering young people in processes that affect their lives, supporting the youth sector to also centre young people and challenge policy makers and community to understand young people’s perspectives and the systemic and intersectional drivers of disadvantage.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Board and leading a team of 10, the role provides leadership to Youth Action NSW’s strategic objectives including:
- Supporting the sector to increase best practice through strategic communications, policy and thought leadership. This role will lead the organisation to drive and maintain key relationships with Youth Action NSW members and NGO networks, other peaks and government including consolidating the regional and rural footprint of Youth Action NSW.
- To develop and lead the team in implementing the plans and priorities identified to achieve strategic directions set by the board.
- Building organisational strategy, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability through good governance, impact and outcomes measurement, funding applications/resources, organisational systems and processes.
In this role you will manage a diverse portfolio of work activities, juggling priorities and meeting deadlines. To be successful in the role you will have:
- Genuine commitment to social justice for young people, with a vision for realising the potential for youth development and a minimum six years’ relevant work experience in youth development work, high-level policy development or advocacy in the youth sector .
- Demonstrated experience managing a small team able to support collaboration and leadership within the team.
- Demonstrable very high-level communication skills including as media spokesperson and presenter to large and small groups.
- Well-developed research, analytical and conceptual thinking skills with a strong understanding of evidence-based practice.
- Strong networking ability and evidence of external collaborative practice in previous roles
- Intermediate computer literacy across the Microsoft suite, databases and cloud-based collaboration tools.
- A clear police check and current working with children check is required for this role.
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at email@example.com
If you'd like to work with us keep updated & sign up for our monthly newsletter yaprap
Internships and Student Placements
Got a passion for youth issues? Want to get some experience at a leading advocacy organisation in NSW?
Intern with Youth Action!
Youth Action is working towards a society where all young people are valued, supported and engaged.