The 2017 Youth Work Conference:
25 and 26 of October at the SMC, Sydney
66 Goulburn St, Sydney NSW 2000
It's a time of change for the youth sector, and to ensure everyone is equipped to manage the new system, we are bringing some of Australia's foremost experts together. These people are the leaders in the most critical aspects of working with young people - adolescent development, youth work practice, youth participation, program design and outcomes measurement/evaluation. Do not miss this rare chance to connect with the sector and learn from the experts.
The conference is mapped out over two days (view the full program):
Day 1: Gives you high-level information on changes happening in the sector, and provides tools and methods for managing these changes.
Day 2: Is a practical, hands-on day full of workshops and training, where you will be given access to experts who can help you to thrive in the most critical and contemporary areas of working with young people.
In these 2 days you can learn:
- How to work with Aboriginal young people
- How to work with young parents
- How to develop an outcomes model for your program or service
- How to do youth-friendly evaluation
- How to design services, programs, and research WITH young people
- How to coordinate and execute a collective impact project
- What young people think about their own wellbeing
- About a cutting-edge, evidence-based youth practice framework for NSW.
Learn from experts:
- Rebekha Sharkie MP on the need for young people in Australian democracy
- Associate Professor Gerry Redmond sharing his experience running Australia’s largest study with young people into their wellbeing, and how this can change our approach to designing services for young people.
- The Centre for Social Impact about how to develop and evaluate programs using both outcomes and youth-friendly approaches.
- TACSI (The Australian Centre for Social Innovation) on co-designing services with young people
- Bump by the RAISE Foundation on working with and supporting young parents
- Just Reinvest about how to do collective impact.
- Meredith Turnbull on managing skilled workers in an emotionally-charged and constantly changing industry.
- Howard Sercombe about youth participation and youth work ethics.
- Andrew Cummings on working with young people in the context of their families.
- Peter Slattery on why young people disengage, and how to draw them back.
- Youth Action about the first evidence-based framework supporting youth work in NSW.
Getting a ticket is easy!
- Download the full program so you know what you're signing up for
- Download our business case template if you need a hand justifying the cost
- Book your ticket!
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity for NSW Youth Work professionals to come together, share, learn, and have some fun!