Youth Action is the peak body representing young people and the services that support them in NSW.
We work towards a society where all young people are valued, engaged and supported.
To achieve this, it is the role of Youth Action to:
- Respond to social and political agendas relating to young people and the youth services sector
- Provide proactive leadership and advocacy and shape the agenda on issues affecting young people and youth services
- Collaborate on issues that affect young people and youth workers
- Promote a positive profile in the media and the community of young people and youth services
- Build capacity for young people to speak out and take action on issues that affect them
- Enhance the capacity of the youth services sector to provide high quality services
- Ensure Youth Action’s organisational development, efficiency, effectiveness and good governance.
- monitors and responds to government policies and proposals affecting young people
- promotes and advocates on issues affecting young people and youth services
- brings young people and youth workers together to act on issues affecting them
- works to raise a positive profile of young people in the media and in the community
- provides training, forums and conferences to young people and youth workers
- provides information and referral
- produces a range of resources, publications and newsletters.
Youth Action's Strategic Plan for 2017 – 2020 outlines the direction our organisation will take in the next three years. It can be used by our members, the youth sector, young people and ourselves as a consistent measure of our progress towards our goals.
Our vision continues to be a NSW where all young people are engaged, valued and supported.
Within this we hope to ensure:
- Decision making processes in NSW values the diverse range of young people as experts in their own lives
- The NSW Youth Sector is recognised as professional in youth development
- Key systemic issues for young people are put on the NSW agenda
- Youth Action is a respected and sustainable peak body for young people and the youth sector